The Obstacles of Using Effective Teaching Methods in Higher Education from the Viewpoint of faculty members of General Science Departments in Kurdistan Region – Iraq
This research aims to identify the obstacles to effective teaching in higher education institutions from the viewpoint of faculty members in the departments of general science, and to indicate the significance of the differences in their viewpoints according to demographic variables: (university, gender, degree, academic title, and years of teaching experience). The study sample consisted of (61) faculty members distributed by gender to (33) males and (28) females. The researchers used a questionnaire consisting of (34) items as a tool for data collection. The data was analyzed using the (SPSS) program. The t-test for one-sample, t-test for two independent samples, and ANOVA were applied. The results of the study showed that: "the high cost of purchasing educational equipment" came in the first place among the obstacles, followed by "the students' lack of familiarity with the scientific method of thinking", and then the "reliance of students on memorization without comprehension". The results showed that there were no statistically significant differences between the average scores at the significance level (0.05) according to the demographic variables (university, gender, degree, and years of teaching experience, and academic title). In light of the results, some recommendations were presented.
2. Al-Maqati, S. b. (2018). Obstacles to the application of modern teaching strategies in teaching religious sciences courses at the secondary level. Journal of Human and Administrative Sciences, Issue (13).
3. Al-Zahrani, B. b. (2010). The role of training courses in developing effective teaching skills for art education teachers from their point of view. A magister message that is not published. College of Education - Umm Al-Qura University.
4. Atkins, M. (1988). Effective Teaching in Higher Education.
5. Attia, M. A. (2008). Modern strategies in effective teaching. Dar Safaa for printing, publishing and distribution.
6. Duvie, M. M. (2012). Innovative Methods and Strategies for Effective Teaching and Learning.
7. Hativa, N. (2000). Teaching for Effective Learning in Higher Education-Springer Netherlands.
8. JHPIEGO., T. d. (2005). Effective Teaching: A Guide for Educating Healthcare Providers.
9. Kyriacou, C. (2009). Effective Teaching in Schools_ Theory and Practice, 3rd Edition.
10. Mocinic, S. N. (2012). Active teaching strategies in higner education. Metodicki obzori 15, vol. 7.
11. MORENO RUBIO, C. (2009). Effective teachers –Professional and personal skills. ISSN 2171-9098 ∙ ENSAYOS. Revista de la Facultad de Educación de Albacete, Nº 24,.
12. Mustafa, D. A. (2014). Effective Teaching Strategies. Dar Al-Wafaa to Dunya Printing and Publishing-Egypt First Edition.
13. Mwanamoomba, K. (2014). Effective Teaching Methods in Higher Education. Zambia: Gonzaga University Spokane, Washington.
14. NAHID SHIRANI BIDABADI1*, A. N. (2016). Effective teaching methods in higher education: requirements and barriers. J Adv Med Educ Prof. October 2016; Vol 4 No 4.
15. Ramsden, P. (1992). Learning_to_Teach_in_Higher_Education.
16. Rangaswamy, T. M. (2013). Teaching Methods for Higher Education.
17. Ratib Qassem Ashour, A. R. (2004). The curriculum between theory and practice. Oman: Dar Al-Masira for printing and publishing.
18. Sajjad, D. S. (2010). EFFECTIVE TEACHING METHODS AT HIGHER EDUCATION LEVEL .
19. Sarode, R. D. (2018). Teaching strategies, styles and qualities of a teacher . A review for valuable higher education (IJCESR),VOLUME-5, ISSUE-5, .
20. Sean M. Bulger, D. J. (2000). Stack the Deck in Favor of Your Students by Using the Four Aces of Effective Teaching. Journal of Effective Teaching, Vol. 5, No. 2,.
21. Skelton, A. (2004). Understanding `teaching excellence' in higher education: a critical evaluation of the National Teaching Fellowships Scheme * University of Sheffield, UK, Studies in Higher Education Vol. 29, No. 4, .
الحقوق الفكرية (c) 2021 Prof. Dr. Chachan Jumaa Mohammed , Heman Ahmad Abdulla
هذا العمل مرخص حسب الرخصة Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.