A Suggested Proposal for Scientific Research Activation at King Khalid University to Achieve the Competitive Advantage in a view of World Ranking
The present study aimed to find proposal for scientific research activation at King Khalid University to achieve the competitive advantage in a view of world ranking according to the standards of international polarization and scientific publication.
The study depends on the descriptive method. the study’s community is composed of academic staff and deanships of King Khalid University. Survey was used as a major tool for collecting data , distributed on a random sample of 258 persons. The study found some results including decline of the teaching efficiency and scientific publication of the academic stuff at King Khalid University . As well as introducing a suggested proposal which aims to enable the university to achieve a competitive advantage to reach higher world ranking and to elevate the teaching efficiency of the academic staff . Also improvement of their skills in the field of scientific research. As well as increase the efficacy of the scientific research publication and participation in research projects. Finally, it supports the distinct efforts of King Khalid University through the innovation in the field of scientific research and upgrading their levels to higher ones at world ranking.
2. _ Alkuwaiti, Ahmed, Downing, Kevin, &Vijay, Arun .(2019).Performance of Saudi Universities in Global Rankings and appropriate strategies for its improvement. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-Journa).Doi:1552-0222.
3. _ Arab Region University Ranking.(2019). Top Arab Universities available at: https://2u.pw/XXwzC
4. _Ashour, Marwan.(2019). Improve the Ranking of Arab Universities in the World Universities Rankings. Journal of Environmental and Resource Economics.4(3),110-115, DOI: 10.11648/j.ajere.20190403.14.
5. _Bikse,V., Rivža, B. & Brence , I. (2014). Competitiveness and Quality of Higher Education: Graduates' Evaluation. Journal of Teacher Education for Sustainability: https://2u.pw/TZfqJ
6. -Harland, Tony.(2018). Higher Education Research Methodology: A Step –by- Step Guide to the Research Process, British library Cataloging.
7. _Harzing, Anne-Wil.(2011).The Publish or Perish Book(3st edition). Australia, Melbourne.ISBN978-0-9808485-5-7.
8. _ Hazelkorn, E. (2011).Rankings and the Reshaping of Higher Education: The Battle for World-Class Excellence, Palgrave Macmillan.
9. _Kaldewey, David& Schuz, Desiree.(2018). Basic and Applied Research, Berghahn Books.
10. _Kasasbeh, E (2014). The impact business ethics in the competitive advantage in the cellular communications companies operating in Jordan, European Scientific Journal.
11. _King Abdulaziz University.(2020).The top 120 universities in the Arab world, https://2u.pw/fQaDQ
12. _Laverty, Corinne .(2018). Educational Research: A Practical Guide, Center for Teaching and Learning.
13. _Leiden Ranking.(2020). CWTS Leiden Ranking 2020, https://2u.pw/qDyxx
14. _Lukic, Nemanja & Tumbas, Pere.(2019). Indicators of global university rankings: the theoretical issues. Journal of Strategic Management. DOI: 10.5937/StraMan1003043L.
15. -Mertler, Craig.(2019). Introduction to Educational Research.(Second edition), Library of Congress Cataloging –in- Publication Data.
16. -Mowery, D. (2012). The changing role of universities in the 21st century U.S R&D system. The 26th annual AAAS colloquium on Science and technology policy, Washington .
17. _Nature Index.(2020). Saudi Arabia among top 50 global countries in research share according to Nature Index tables 2020, https://2u.pw/M97eg
18. _Pozzi, F., Manganello, F., Passarelli, M., Persico, D., Brasher, A., Holmes, W., Whitelock, D., & Sangrà, A.(2019). Ranking Meets Distance Education: Defining Relevant Criteria and Indicators for Online. The International Review of research in open and distributed learning,: https://2u.pw/p8Kvl
19. QS.(2020).Top Universities, -Quacquarelli Symonds
21. _ Ranking Web of Universities.(2020).Top Universities, https://2u.pw/wK1Az
22. _Sesay, Allyson.(2012). Educational Research, Xlibris Corporation.
23. _ Selten, F., Neylon, C., Huang, C-K., & Groth, P. (2019). A longitudinal analysis of university rankings. Quantitative Science Studies, 1109-1135: https://2u.pw/h9Dn7
24. _ Sonmes, Selami .(2018)."11 Steps" Process as A Research Method. Universal Journal of Educational Research, DOI: 10.13189/ujer.2018.061125.
25. -Times Higher Education. (2020).World University Rankings2020 , https://2u.pw/Jflrc
26. _Usher, Alex ; Savino, Massimo. A global survey of rankings and league tables: Higher Education In Europ. 32 .Doi. 1.2007 . https://2u.pw/oCXwb
27. _ Wang, W., Lin, C. & Chu, Y. (2011).Types of Competitive Advantage and Analysis. International Journal of Business and Management,. www.Ccsenet.Org/Ijbm
28. _Willington, Jerry & Hammond, Micheal. (2019). Education Research: The Basics, Vanderbilt Avenue, ISBN: 9781138386792.
29. _WIPO Organization.(2020).Global Innovation Index 2020. https://2u.pw/KyzoK
الحقوق الفكرية (c) 2021 Amal Dhafer Gandaf Al-Shahrani
هذا العمل مرخص حسب الرخصة Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.