The Impact of STAD Strategy on the Academic Achievement of Eighth-Grade Students in Sciences Subject and Developing their Scientific Trends
This research aims to introduce “The Impact of the STAD Strategy on the Academic Achievement of Eighth-Grade Students in Science subjects and Develop their Scientific Trends”. The researcher has constructed two null hypotheses, to reach the objectives of the research. The research's population was limited to eighth-grade basic students at (Delzyan Basic School for Girls) in Soran District the academic year's second semester (2021 - 2022). The research sample has been purposefully chosen. The research included an experimental setup with two groups: an experimental group and a control group, as well as pretest and posttest for the variable (Scientific Trends) and posttest for the variable (Academic Achievement). As a result, the STAD method was used to instruct the experimental group, while, the traditional teaching techniques were used to instruct the control group. The sample of this research consists of (41) students, distributed between two groups; the experimental group includes (21) students, and (20) students in the control group. The equality between the two research groups was tested in a variety of ways. The researcher created two research tools, the first of which consisted of (30) multiple-choice question items to assess the student's academic achievement. The second instrument, which consists of 38 items, is used to assess students' attitudes about science. The tools' authenticity and dependability have been validated. The data was analyzed and the result was obtained using statistical software (SPSS version 25). The results revealed that neither group's students had substantial achievements. In light of the research's findings, the researcher came to the following conclusions: STAD strategy has not affected eight-grade students’ academic achievement in the experimental group according to science subject, at the other hand, it has been of great importance in changing the trends of female students toward science positively.
2. Al-Najdi, Rashid, Rashidali and Abdul Hadi Mona (2003) (Modern Methods, Methods and Strategies in Science Teaching, Cairo: Arab Thought House.
3. Ahmad Mohammed Awad (2003) ‘The attitudes of governmental school headmasters in Gaza governorates towards the Educational Counseling and its relationship with Educational Counselor Performance’.
4. Alijanian, E. (2012). The effect of student teams achievement division technique on English achievement of Iranian EFL learners. Theory and Practice in Language Studies, 2(9), 1971–1975. https://doi.org/10.4304/tpls.2.9.1971-1975
5. Balfakih, N. M. A. (2003). The effectiveness of student team-achievement division (STAD) for teaching high school chemistry in the United Arab Emirates. International Journal of Science Education, 25(5), 605–624. https://doi.org/10.1080/09500690110078879
6. Bruce Joyce, Marsha Weil, E. C. (2011). Models of Teaching (Eight Edition*). 478.
7. Bhattacharjee, J. (2015). Construction of Science Attitude Scale. International Research Journal of Interdisciplinary & Multidisciplinary Studies, 1(3), 35–42.
8. Chim, H. (2015). Literature Review of the Cooperative Learning Strategy – Student Team Achievement Division (STAD). International Journal of Education, 7(1), 29. https://doi.org/10.5296/ije.v7i1.6629
9. Cohen, L., Manion, L., & Morrison, K. (2007). Research methods in education. routledge.
10. De Jong, C. and Hawley, J. (1995) ‘Making Cooperative Learning Groups Work’, Middle School Journal, 26(4), pp. 45–48. doi: 10.1080/00940771.1995.11496127.
11. Färber, M., & Jatowt, A. (2019). Finding temporal trends of scientific concepts. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, 2345, 132–139.
12. Ferina, F. (2018) STAD AS A STRATEGY OF TEACHING READING COMPREHENSION IN JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL. 29–43.
13. Ghaith, G. (2001). Learners’ perceptions of their STAD cooperative experience. System, 29(2), 289–301. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0346-251X(01)00016-1
14. Gehlawat, M., & Gupta, M. (2013). Editor-in Chief Gurkirat Kaur , Educationia Confab URL : April 2017.
15. Gray, C. T. (1918). Educational psychology. Psychological Bulletin, 15(9), 301–311. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0069798.
16. Gardner, P. L. (1975). Attitudes to science : A review. Studies in Science Education, 2(1), 1–41. https://doi.org/10.1080/03057267508559818
17. Hsieh, C. M. (2002) ‘Trends in financial satisfaction: Does poverty make a difference?’, International Journal of Aging and Human Development, 54(1), pp. 15–30. doi: 10.2190/V60R-1D5D-0XWP-5JJ9.
18. Islam Pitafi, A., Farooq Principal, M., & Khadizai, G. (2012). Measurement of Scientific Attitude of Secondary School Students in Pakistan. Academic Rearch International, 2(2), 379–392. www.savap.org.pk%5Cnwww.journals.savap.org.pk
19. Ida, A., & Erianjoni, P. (2019). The Efforts of Improving the Students ’ Learning Participation and Learning Outcomesin the IPS Subject Through a Student Team Achievement Division ( STAD ) Model Assisted by a Crossword Puzzle at Grade IX . A SMPN 1 Lembah Gumanti Solok Regency. 19.
20. Johnson, D. W. and Johnson, R. T. (2002) ‘Cooperative learning methods: a meta-analysis’, Journal of Research in Education, 12(1), pp. 5–24. Available at: http://www.eeraonline.org/journal/files/2002/JRE_2002_01_DWJohnson.pdf.
21. Kabbaja, D. Z. M. (2014). The impact of the use of the meditative survey strategy in acquiring physical concepts and developing scientific trends among students of the sixth grade in Palestine. 203–218.
22. Kathryn Lindholm-Leary and Graciela Borsato. (2006.). Academic Achievement.
23. Kelly, Alison. "A study of the comparability of external examinations in different subjects." Research in Education 16, no. 1 (1976): 37-63.
24. MHRD. (1998). NPE-1986, Programme of Action -1992. 1–189. http://mhrd.gov.in/sites/upload_files/mhrd/files/upload_document/npe.pdf
25. Messaoudene, N. A. (2010). Chapter 5_ガス給湯器の効率. Analysis, 2010(2), 71–76.
26. Murdani, M., Muhammad, M., Amin, B., Ulfa, M., & Haikal, M. (2019). Use of Cooperative Learning Methods STAD Strategies to Improve students’ Abilities in Qira’ah (Experimental Research in Ma’had al-Uluum ad-Diniiyati al-Islaamiyyati Samalanga). Budapest International Research and Critics in Linguistics and Education (BirLE) Journal, 2(1), 38–49. https://doi.org/10.33258/birle.v2i1.184
27. Mehta, S. (1998) ‘Cooperative learning strategies for large classes’, ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings, pp. 1–26. doi: 10.18260/1-2--6990.
28. NGSS Lead States. (2013). Next Generation Science Standards: For States, By States (Performance Expectations).
29. Novo, A., & Calixto, J. A. (2021). Academic achievement and/or educational attainment – The role of teacher librarians in students’ future. IASL Annual Conference Proceedings, February 2014. https://doi.org/10.29173/iasl7771.
30. Objectives, L. and Summary, C. (2010) ‘Chapter 8’, pp. 190–215.
31. Richard M. Felder, & Brent, R. (2005). Effective_Strategies_for_Cooperative_Lea.pdf. Journal of Enginering Education, 10(2), 69–75.
32. Slavin, R. E. (2006). Cooperative Learning Methods.
33. Singh, A. (2021) ‘An Introduction to Experimental and Exploratory Research’, SSRN Electronic Journal. doi: 10.2139/ssrn.378936.
34. Singh, Y. P. and Agrawal, A. (2011) ‘Introduction To Co-Operative Learning Original Article’, Indian Streams Research Journal, 1(2), pp. 1–9.
35. Singh, Y. C., & Bai, C. A. (2017). A study of scientific attitude of secondary school students in West Tripura District. International Journal of Informative & Futuristic Research, 4(5), 6231–6237.
36. Sharan, Y. (2014). Available in: http://www.redalyc.org/articulo.oa?id=16731690004.
37. Spinath, B. (2012). Academic Achievement. In Encyclopedia of Human Behavior: Second Edition (2nd ed.). Elsevier Inc. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-375000-6.00001-X.
38. Shabbir, M., Sarwar, M., & Kausar, R. (2014). A Technical Guide to the Basics of Experimental Designs for Analyzing Experimental Data in Occupational R esearch. International Journal of Applied Science and Mathematics, 1(2), 46–51.
39. Trianasari, E., & Yuniwati, I. (2019). Implementation of Student Team Achievement Division (STAD) in the English Course for the Mechanical Engineering Department. Journal of Applied Studies in Language, 3(1), 91-99.
40. Zaytoun, Aish Mahmoud (1988), Scientific Trends and Tendencies in Science Teaching, Oman, Cooperative Printing Press Workers Association.
41. Zakaria, E., & Iksan, Z. (2007). Promoting cooperative learning in science and mathematics education: A Malaysian perspective. Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, 3(1), 35–39. https://doi.org/10.12973/ejmste/75372
42. Zan, R. (2008) ‘Different Profiles of “Negative Attitude toward Mathematics”’, Proceedings of ICME-11-Topic study group 10: Rsearch and develpment in the teaching and learning of number systems and arithmetic, 13, pp. 156–169.
الحقوق الفكرية (c) 2022 Zaytoon Hussein Khidr , Waahd Muhammed Najat Sabri
هذا العمل مرخص حسب الرخصة Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.