The Impact of Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) on Malaysian Economic Growth
The study aimed to illustrate the concepts of Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC)، show it's positive and negative impact in general, its barriers and some of its economic impacts، particularly on economic growth، the local capital and employment in the Malaysian economy. the researcher used the analytical descriptive method through the presentation of the previous studies and using some indicators from international institutions. The study comes up with several inclusions such as (MSC) is considered an important component of investment attraction strategy with high benefits on the Malaysian economy, especially in economic growth, provision of foreign inflows, job creation, transferring technology and infrastructure development. The study showed that MSC in Malaysia has contributed significant value to national GDP with a cumulative of RM 34.57 billion in phase two.
1. Anna Ong & Wein Siew Wei (2009), MSC-Malaysia Status - How Can It Benefit ICT Companies? Invest Penang, p.l.
2. Hamsha Bin Injau (2011), Evaluation of Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC Malaysia) Contribution. in Malaysian Economy, Research Report Presented to the Higher Degree Committee of Ritsumeikan, Asia Pacific University, Malaysia,p.23.
3. Jesse Chooi Tze Kheong (2009), Multimedia Super Corridor Malaysia: Public-private R&D collaboration, Tech Monitor Journal, p.30.
4. Paul A. Samuelson & William D. Nordhhaus, Economics, 19th Edition, McGraw-Hill Publishing, Boston, 2010,p 501.
5. The Report Malaysia 2013, Oxford Business Group, pp.161-162.
6. MSC Malaysia annual industry report, MDEC, 2013.
7. Saleh, S.M. (2004), The Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) and E-Government Initiatives in Malaysia, pp.186-187.
8.World Bank Group, (2018), Malaysia's Digital Economy, A new Driver of Development, pp. 10-13.
9. Jesse Chooi Tze Kheong (2009), Multimedia Super Corridor Malaysia: Public-private R&D collaboration, Tech Monitor journal, p.30.
1. Intellectual Property Corporation of Malaysia website:
2. Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation website : https://mdec.my/ .
3. Malaysia National IT Council (www.nitc.org.my).