Directive and Assertive Speech Acts in Selected Covid 19 News
Covid 19 is one of the common events that is disseminated across the world nowadays . People tackle all the sources of media just to know how this virus destroys the life of the plant . The news of the number of the infected cases is the key point of this news at the moment . As such , the news of covid 19 has become worth studying for the researchers in the field of linguistics to know the linguistic aspect of this news . The study applies the pragmatic analysis by using the types of speech acts to find out which one of these acts is used more than the other . The study has reached out to the results that are highly important for the news of covid 19 . The study uses two types of speech acts , assertive and directive in analysis.
2. Austin, J. (1958) "Performative-Constative." In: Searle, J.R. (ed.) (1971). The Philosophy of Language. Oxford: Oxford University Press.13-22.
3. Burns , L.Sheridan .(2004). Understanding Journalism .London : Sage.
4. Cruse, A. (2006). A Glossary of Semantics and Pragmatics. Edinburgh : Edinburgh University Press.
5. Finegane , E. (2008) .Langauge : Its structure and Use . Wardsworth : Boston. 5th sedition .
6. Kreidler , Charles W. ( 1998) . Introducing Semantics . London: CUP
7. MaKcan , Anna. (2006) . News Writing . London : Sage .
8. Malmkjær, K. (2002). The Linguistics Encyclopedia (2nd ed.). New York: Routledge.
9. Mey, J. L. (2001). Pragmatics (Second ed.). MA: Blackwell Publishing.
10. Meyer, C. F. (2009). Introducing English Linguistics. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
11. Riemer , N. ( 2010) . Introducing Semantics . Cambrdige : Cambridge University Press .
12. Rowe , Jeff . ( 2005). Broadcast New Writing for Professionals .Oak Park: Marion Street Press . Inc
13. Salgado, E. F. (2011). The Pragmatics of Requests and Apologies. Philadelphia: John Benjamins Publishing Company.
14. Searle, J. (1969). Speech Act. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
15. Searle, J. (1969). Speech Act. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
16. Tuchman ,Gaye . (1978). Making News : A Study in the Construction of Reality . New York : The Free Press.
17. Van Dijk , Teun A. ( 1988a). News As Discourse. Hillsdale. News Jersey : Lawrence Erlbaum .
18. Yule, G. (1996). Pragmatics. Oxford: Oxford University Press
19. Yule, G. (2010). The Study of Language. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press.
الحقوق الفكرية (c) 2021 Assist. Prof. Dr. Hussain Hameed Ma'yuuf , Hayder Hameed Ghitheeth
هذا العمل مرخص حسب الرخصة Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.