The Effectiveness of a Proposed Computer Program in Developing the Skill of Oral Expression among Basic Stage Students Who Are Not Arabic Speakers in Denmark
(An Experimental Study)
The aim of this research was to identify the effectiveness of a suggested computer program in developing oral expression skills among students of the basic stage of non-Arabic speaking learners in Denmark. The research was based on the design and production of a multimedia-based computer program dedicated to the Arabic language curriculum for the fourth grade، in cooperation with the Granada Educational Foundation in Paris as a research tool. The fourth module was selected to teach its contents and to teach oral expression skills. Besides an achievement test to measure the level of oral expression skills to be applied pre and post over the research sample. The researcher used the experimental method in dealing with the research topic، and measure the effectiveness of the proposed multimedia software program (as an independent variable) in the development of oral expression skill (as a dependent variable). The study sample consisted of two randomly selected groups of fourth level students in the basic stage - one representing the experimental group and the other representing the control group - the number of each (twenty students). The research had revealed a number of findings، the most important of which are: Verifying the effectiveness of employing the suggested multimedia software program in the development of oral expression skills in the fourth level students in the basic stage in Denmark. The research also resulted in statistically significant differences between the average post-test scores of the two groups: experimental and control attributable to the use of the program in teaching oral expression in favor of the experimental group. This means that the program has an impact on the development of oral expression skills in fourth grade students.
2. Ismail, Zakaria (1991): Methods of Teaching Arabic Language, Alexandria, Dar Al-Maarefa Al-Jamiiah.
3.- Al-Lokani, Ahmed Hussein and Al-Jamal, Ali. (1996) Dictionary of cognitive educational terms in curricula and teaching methods, first edition, Cairo: Books World.
4. Hope. (2014). Foundations of Oral Expression, Al-Madinah International University Journal for Educational Sciences - Egypt, 1 (98).
5. Al-Bishri, Muhammad Bin Shadid (2007): Weaknesses in Oral Expression Skills and a Proposed Program for its Treatment, PhD Thesis, Imam Bin Masoud Islamic University, p. 14.
6. Rahi, Qahtan Fadl, and Hassan Thabet Rashid. (2011). Using computers to determine the optimal teaching methods for student education. Journal of the Kufa Studies Center, 1 (21).
7. Rahmani, Sakina. (2017). Methods of teaching oral expression subject in the light of the competency approach (fourth year primary model) (PhD thesis).
8. Al-Sufouh, Samir Sayel Ali / Nasr, Hamdan Ali. (2007). Evaluating the oral expression skills of the ninth grade students and building a proposed program in light of the results. Unpublished doctoral thesis.
9. Al-Swairki, Muhammad Ali. (2005). The effect of using a program based on language games on the development of language structures and oral expression skills among fourth-grade primary students in Jordan. Journal of Educational and Psychological Sciences. 7 (3). 69-94.
10. Al-Swairki, Muhammad Ali (2005). The effect of using a program based on language games on developing the language patterns and oral expression skills of fourth grade students in Jordan. Unpublished PhD thesis, Arab University for Graduate Studies.
11. Al-Smadi, Hussein Abdullah. (2018) The impact of a computerized program to develop oral expressive language skills among children with learning difficulties, Journal of Scientific Research in Education, Ain Shams University - Girls College of Arts, Sciences and Education 19 (6), 169-187
12. Abdel Hamid, Abdel Aziz Tolba. (2013). A suggested program to train student teachers on the use of Point Power presentations in the design and production of multimedia educational software and develop their attitudes towards computer use in education, The Fourteenth Scientific Conference (Curricula of Education in the Light of Performance Concept), Volume One, Guest House, Ain Shams University.
13. Abdel-Wahab, Ahlam Tarkhan Ahmed, Haredi, Iman Ahmed, Issa, Ahmed Mohamed. (2017). The effectiveness of teaching using the voice input to develop oral expression skills among primary first-grade pupils from basic education, Journal of Arab Studies for Education and Psychology, 36 (104), 1-39.
14. Abdel Wahab, Mohamed Mahmoud. (2016). The effectiveness of an inverted e-learning strategy based on e-books in developing some reading comprehension skills among students of the Arabic Language Teaching Institute for non-native speakers of the Islamic University, Journal of Education, 69 (149), 1-35.
15. Othman, Badr Al-Din Mahjoub. (2014). Employing modern methods of educational technology in the educational process, Journal of Science and Technology, 15 (4).
16. Asr, Hosni Abdel Bari. (1997). Issues in teaching and teaching Arabic. Alexandria: Modern Arab Office.
17. Ammar, Sam. (2002). Modern trends in teaching Arabic. First edition, Beirut: The Resala Foundation.
18. The stranger, Zahir, Sharjah. ((2001. The effectiveness of using internet services in developing knowledge aspects and supporting research performance among masters students in education, educational and social studies, a periodical journal, volume 7, number three, faculty of education, Helwan University, Egypt.
19. Fleet, full beauty. (2002). A proposed program in additional readings to develop some written expression skills for ninth grade students in Gaza governorates, unpublished master's thesis, Al-Azhar University, College of Education.
20. Al-Qalamji, Uday Rashid Muhammad. (2016). Building a standard for measuring oral expression among primary school students. Journal of Educational and Psychological Research, 2 (48) and 291-314.
21. Keita, Jacarija, Ismail, and Muhammad Zaid. (2016). Suggested strategy to develop oral expression skills in Arabic for Malaysian students, Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, 194 (3420), 1-14
22. Muhammad, Ali Abdel-Moneim Ali. (2008). The effectiveness of using language games in developing creative oral expression skills for primary school pupils, Journal of the College of Education, 3 (9), 183-199.
23. Al-Masry, Youssef Saeed Mahmoud (2006): The effectiveness of a multimedia program in developing and retaining writing skills for basic eighth graders. A magister message that is not published. Curricula and Teaching Methods Department, Specialization in Educational Technology, Islamic University. Gaza.
24. The Arab Organization for Education, Culture and Science. ((2009. Modern Technologies in Teaching the Arabic Language, a study presented in a symposium entitled: The use of modern technologies in teaching the Arabic language to speakers of other languages, held at the Khartoum International Institute of the Arab Organization for Education, Culture and Science - League of Arab States, on December 29, Africa International University Hall .
25. Miloud, Ghazali. (2018). Obstacles in the oral expression activity in the primary stage.
26. Al-Hashemi, Abd al-Rahman. (2005). Expression: its philosophy, reality, teaching, methods of correction. First edition, Oman: Dar Al-Manhaj for Publishing and Distribution.